3 Things Successful Haunt Owners Do
Definition: Advertising results for Haunted Houses so good, it’s scary
We are Spooky Marketing for great reasons:
- We partner with some of the most successful Haunts in the country
- The results we produce are so great, it’s scary
The challenge to create demand for the haunted house industry is totally different from what it was five years ago, or even one year ago. We can’t be complacent with the way we do things, especially in digital media. Things evolve so quickly, we’re always looking for that edge, a way to stay ahead of the competition.
The most powerful thing about digital media is obviously how measurable it is and how optimizable it is. So, we don’t do anything without an expectation of performance, and the first expectation is to get more people back to their website, retarget them, remarket them, and sell more tickets.
Developing a marketing plan for a haunted house is entirely different and more challenging than other products. We’re not selling cars, we’re not selling furniture we are not selling a service of any kind.
We are essentially selling, by producing an ad that creates “theatre of the mind”, and that’s not so easily accomplished. Only through years of experience have we learned how to captivate this significant task for the haunted house industry.
Our job is to produce an ad that creates an image in the mind of the consumer. An image created through pictures and sound. An image so realistic and vivid, it creates an immediate emotion. This emotion entices the consumer to purchase a ticket at that very moment.
Once this is done, we launch the ads on our digital marketing platform built specifically to sell record numbers of tickets to haunted attractions tailored to your specific market. In the Haunted House Industry, it’s become very clear to us that people buy immediately on emotion and justify later with logic.
There are three main components of a marketing plan that must exist for a haunted house to be successful. All three of these components must work together equally. If just one of these components are lacking in any way, you’ll find yourself working harder not smarter, and not achieving revenue goals.
- The Content of the Ad
- Is the ad clearly read or seen on all digital devices?
- Is the audio clear in the ad? Too fast? Overbearing sound affects?
- Is the ad cluttered? Don’t over do it by saying too much.
- All Aspects of Targeting must be Precise.
- Little to no wasted geographic or demographic coverage
- Target behaviors & characteristics through Programmatic advertising
- Target by zip code, city, country or IP address
- The Overall Experience of Your Show
- The overall experience of your show must be spectacular & thrilling
- Monitor & respond to all online reviews within 24 hours
- Ask people about their experience. Act on constructive criticism.
- The attitude, excitement and enthusiasm of the owner is contagious at every level. Incentivize, motivate & reward your staff.
Spooky Marketing accomplishes these goals every day for our clients. Our goal is to allow you to focus on the stuff that makes the greatest impact for you, for your life, for your business.